** This list is managed by Dr Evangelos Himonides (UCL), on behalf of the Society for Education and Music Psychology Research (sempre), and aims to serve as a discussion forum for researchers working at the shared boundaries of science and music. This list was previously managed by the Institute of Musical Research. ** MESSAGE FOLLOWS:
University of Huddersfield inspiring tomorrow's professionals.
We're happy to announce that the inaugural issue (Volume 1, Issue 1) of the Journal of Creative Music Systems has been published. Papers can be freely accessed at http://jcms.org.uk/issues/
- Learning and Creating Novel Harmonies in Diverse Musical Idioms: An Adaptive Modular Melodic Harmonization System. Maximos Kaliakatsos-Papakostas, Dimos Makris, Costas Tsougras, Emilios Cambouropoulos.
- Utility Versus Creativity in Biomedical Musification. Duncan Williams.
- Developing the Vocal Tract Organ. David M. Howard.
- Playing in Time: Integrating Temporal Information in the Computational Measurement of Musical Similarity. Steven Crawford, Gang Ren, Mark F. Bocko.
- Transformations in Shifting Models: Reorienting with DeepDream. Lendl Barcelos, Michael O. Vertolli.
Steven Jan, Eduardo Miranda, Valerio Velardo