Workshop on Information Dynamics of Music (IDyOM)
We invite you to join us for a one day workshop to celebrate the successful completion of our research project Information and Neural Dynamics in the Perception of Musical Structure funded by the Engineering and Physical Science Research Council (EPSRC). The project includes members at Queen Mary, University of London and Goldsmiths, University of London.
When: Thursday 21 March 2013, 9am - 5pm
Where: Room RHB 137a, Goldsmiths, University of London, London SE14 6NW, UK
The workshop will provide a forum for dissemination and discussion of cutting edge research on dynamic predictive processing of musical structure in:
- probabilistic and information-theoretic models;
- cognitive, psychological and neural processing;
- musicological analysis.
For further details on the project see: http://www.idyom.org.
Speakers will include:
- Prof. Moshe Bar, Harvard Medical School
- Prof. David Feldman, College of the Atlantic, Maine
- Prof. Israel Nelkin, Hebrew University, Jerusalem
For more information and to reserve a place please visit: http://idyom2013.eventbrite.co.uk/