Advertisement of a vacancy for a University Professor (m/f) with extensive practical grounding in Music School Research
in accordance with § 99 Section 1 of the Austrian Universities Act (Universitätsgesetz) at the Department of Cultural Management and Gender Studies (IKM) at the University of Music and Performing Arts Vienna.
As part of its research focus on Music School Research, the Institute for Culture Management and Gender Studies (IKM) at the University of Music and Performing Arts Vienna (mdw) has a vacancy for a University Professor (m/f) of
Music School Research
which it expects to fill from 1 April 2018.
Full/part time: Part time (50%)
Contract type: Fixed-term contract valid for 2 years and 10 months
Minimum salary: Under the terms of the collective agreement the minimum monthly salary is €2,502.55, paid 14 times per annum. A higher salary, contingent on qualifications and previous experience, may be the subject of appointment negotiations.
· A PhD degree from an Austrian university or equivalent qualification from a university in another country in a subject relevant to the position to the filled
· Outstanding scientific qualification for the position to be filled evidenced by publications in relevant fields
· Accomplishments analogous to a postdoctoral lecturing qualification or a praxis-related research focus in the field of music schools as cultural institutions.
· Experience of teaching and supervising scientific papers
· Thorough knowledge and application of relevant research on music schools as cultural institutions in a practical context
· Knowledge of the practice-oriented implementation of relevant research
· Experience of attracting third-party funding
· The necessary pedagogical or teaching experience in the fields of professional training and/or further education
· Expertise in the field of transdisciplinary research approaches
· Willingness to work as part of a team and experience of working in a team
· Active involvement in national and international research networks and partnerships
· International connections that go beyond the German-speaking countries
· Teaching and research in the field of music schools as cultural institutions
· Conception and establishment of a research network of national, international and European partners engaged in the research focus music schools as cultural institutions of the mdw at the IKM
· Developing, participating in and conducting research projects in the field of music schools as cultural institutions
· Transdisciplinary interlinking with existing focal areas of cultural studies and music teaching at the mdw
· Participating in organisational and administrative tasks, committees and evaluation measures for the mdw and IKM
Applications should quote reference number GZ 460/18 and be sent in writing enclosing a CV, list of publications and a summary of previous teaching and lecturing activities to the Universität für Musik und darstellende Kunst Wien, Abteilung für Personalmanagement, Anton-von-Webern-Platz 1, 1030 Wien. The deadline for submitting applications is 7 March 2018 (date as postmark). Application documents will not be returned.
As an employer, the mdw-University of Music and Performing Arts Vienna is committed to treating all qualified applicants equally regardless of their gender, sexual identity, sexual orientation, ethnicity, religion, ideology, age or disability.
The University is interested in increasing the share of female employees in research, artistic and general positions and especially in management positions and therefore expressly invites applications from qualified female applicants.
Please note that applicants are not entitled to any reimbursement of travelling expenses or other expenses incurred as a result of the selection procedure.
Mag.a Ulrike Sych, Rector