We are happy to announce the first Conference on Computer Simulation of Musical Creativity. The event will be held at the University of Huddersfield (UK) from 17 to 19 June 2016.
Conference Website: https://csmc2016.wordpress.com/
- Professor Graeme Bailey, Cornell University
- Professor Geraint Wiggins, Queen Mary University London
- Deadline for paper submission: 15 March 2016
- Notification of acceptance: 15 April 2016
- Deadline for revisions and camera-ready copy: 30 April 2016
Submissions can cover both theoretical and/or practical aspects of the computer simulation of musical creativity. Interdisciplinary proposals at the intersection of music, computer science, psychology and philosophy are welcome. Topics of interest may include, but are not limited to:
- systems capable of generating music;
- systems capable of performing music;
- systems capable of (online) improvisation;
- systems capable of analysing music;
- music-robotic systems;
- systems implementing societies of virtual musicians;
- systems that foster and enhance the musical creativity of human users;
- music recommendation systems;
- systems implementing computational aesthetics, emotional responses, novelty and originality;
- surveys of state-of-the-art techniques in the area;
- validation methodologies;
- philosophical foundations of creative music systems;
- mathematical foundations of creative music systems;
- evolutionary models for creative music systems;
- cognitive models for creative music systems;
- studies on the applicability of music-creative techniques to other research areas;
- new models for improving creative music systems.
All papers are double-blind peer reviewed by at least two specialists. Proceedings will be published online. Extended versions of selected papers will be published in a special issue of the Journal of Creative Music Systems (
Details of submission procedure and formatting can be found at https://csmc2016.wordpress.com/instructions-for-authors/.
For enquiries, please contact Valerio Velardo at firstname.lastname@example.org.