we are happy to announce the launch of the Journal of Creative Music Systems. Please, see below the CfP for the inaugural issue.
Call for Papers - Inaugural Issue
Journal of Creative Music Systems (http://jcms.org.uk/)
The Journal of Creative Music Systems (JCMS) is a new open-access journal publishing peer-reviewed articles on computational creative systems in the domain of music. JCMS is intended to serve as a forum for scholarly dialogue regarding the most important emerging issues in the field.
JCMS is intended to focus on computer systems which generate, perform or analyse music, and which either demonstrate a distinct degree of creativity or which shed light on the nature of creativity. Both empirical articles, which focus on the design and implementation of new techniques; as well as theoretical papers, which investigate the scientific and philosophical foundations of music-creative systems, are encouraged. In recognition of the inherent interdisciplinarity of the field, JCMS encourages submission of articles at the intersection of different disciplines, such as music (theory, analysis, history), artificial intelligence, music information retrieval (MIR), cognitive science, evolutionary theory, mathematics and philosophy.
For the journal's inaugural issue, topics of submissions may include, but are not limited to:
- systems capable of generating music;
- systems capable of performing music;
- systems capable of (online) improvisation;
- systems capable of analysing music;
- robotic systems;
- systems implementing societies of virtual musicians;
- systems that enhance the musical creativity of human users;
- music recommendation systems;
- systems implementing computational aesthetics, emotional response, novelty/originality;
- surveys of state-of-the-art techniques in the area;
- validation methodologies;
- philosophical/mathematical foundations of creative music systems;
- evolutionary models for music creative systems;
- cognitive models for music creative systems;
- studies on the applicability of music-creative techniques to other research areas;
- new models for improving music creative systems.
JCMS accepts articles, research reports, reviews and tutorials. Articles should make a major theoretical or empirical contribution to knowledge. Research reports should describe research which is in a preliminary phase. Reviews provide critical commentary on scholarly books, articles and events such as conferences relevant to the field. Tutorials are intended to illustrate new technologies relevant to CSMC.
Please visit the JCMS website (http://jcms.org.uk/) for a description of the journal, instructions to authors and submission guidelines.
For any enquiries, please contact Valerio Velardo, Associate Editor, at email@example.com.