3rd CALL FOR PAPERS
Paper submission date now extended to 3rd Aug 2015
SEMPRE conference on Music and Health, including the 3rd meeting of the Scottish Music and Health Network
21–23 October 2015
Glasgow Caledonian University
This 3 day event in partnership with SEMPRE and the Scottish Music and Health Network comprises three separate events:
· Wednesday 21st October: SEMPRE Study day on Music Psychology and Education
· Thursday 22nd October: SEMPRE conference on Music and Health
· Friday 23rd October: SMHN meeting
Paper and poster submissions are invited for:
· The study day on Wednesday 21st October. Submissions are invited from postgraduate students which focus on music psychology and/or music education, but which may encompass a variety of related disciplines. We particularly welcome interdisciplinary research. Submissions should take the form of a 200 word abstract which clearly describes the research area and its relevance to music psychology or music education. Undergraduate students, particularly those in their final year, are also strongly encouraged to attend the day.
· The conference on Thursday 22nd October. Music is fundamental to human social life around the world, and there is growing evidence that music can have a profound influence upon health and wellbeing. Submissions are invited on research which explores the relationship between music and health, and which may encompass music listening, music performance, music therapy, community music or other topics which clearly relate to the conference theme. Submissions should take the form of a structured 300 word abstract, using the format: Aims, methods, results, conclusions.
The deadline for submissions for the study day and conference has been extended, and is now Monday August 3rd 2015. Please submit abstracts to Dr Don Knox, conference organiser at email@example.com
The conference panel are delighted to announce the conference will be held at the Technology and Innovation Centre, 99 George Street, Glasgow, G1 1RD.
The conference registration fee covers attendance on Wednesday 21st and Thursday 22nd October, lunch, conference materials including electronic proceedings, and attendance at a civic reception hosted at Glasgow City Chambers on Thursday 22nd.
SEMPRE members, students, unwaged GBP 45 (proof required upon registration)
Standard rate GBP 90
Registration will be via online payment, and this facility will be made available in Aug/Sept.
The SMHN meeting on Friday 23rd will be free to attend for anyone attending the SEMPRE events on the 21st and 22nd, however numbers may be limited subject to availability. This one-day event, aimed at music practitioners, healthcare professionals, academics and interested members of the public, will be programmed separately and consist of invited presentations highlighting current research and practice in Scotland around improving health and wellbeing with music.
Further details on registration, accommodation and other conference information will be made available via the GCU and SMHN websites:
Conference Organiser: Dr Don Knox, Glasgow Caledonian University.Conference committee: Dr Don Knox, Dr Gianna Cassidy, Prof Frederike Van Wijck (Glasgow Caledonian University), Prof Raymond MacDonald, Dr Katie Overy, Dr Graeme Wilson (University of Edinburgh)