Thursday, April 29, 2010
Music Education in the 21st Century in the United Kingdom
Achievements, analysis and aspirations
Edited by Susan Hallam and Andrea Creech
Forthcoming July 2010 Paperback ISBN 978-0-85473-899-1 256pp £23.99 / $39.95
This book provides an overview of music education and issues related
to it in the UK.
The book outlines:
• The current state of music education in the UK
• related policy, including national curricula
• current practice (with particular reference to technology, issues of
creativity, world musics, integrated learning and partnerships)
• case study examples and evaluation of practice
• ways forward for the future.
It will be of interest to policy makers, practitioners, music students
and trainers and trainee music teachers.